REEL PROTECTOR (L)
＃1/0 11本入 定価510円（税別）
＃2/0 7本入 定価510円（税別)
＃3/0 5本入 定価530円（税別)
大袋＃1/0 50本入 定価2,200円（税別）
大袋＃2/0 50本入 定価3,460円（税別）
大袋＃3/0 50本入 定価5,035円（税別）
Kouse Hook Features
There are many kinds of jigging hooks with various apprearances produced by different brands. There is no denying that certain specific shape of a fish hook is more effective on certain specific fish, but in general a good measure of a hook is nothing more than the following points:
1. Surface anti-rust treatment
No matter how sharp a fishing hook is, it is not good enough if it rusts easily when in contact with salt water.
2. Strength, in other words its tensile strength
Many people still have the misunderstanding that a hook is not good enough if it breaks, and ther are others who say that a hook is not good enough if it straightened. There is no perfect hook in the world because the more hardness you input into steel, the more easy it will break. The more thoughness you input into steel, the more easily it will be straightened. A balance between hardness and toughness is needed here.
This depends on the precision and level of heat treatment level of the hook point. A hook point is normally sharp by eye inspection, however its penetrating power and durability can proof otherwise when in use.
Fishing hook by Oceanfreaks features the following:-
1. The first is that the hook shank is longer. Jigging requires immediate hook up when the fish takes the jig. When the hook shank is long, the digging force of the hook point is high when in contact with the fish mouth, hence it helps to penetrate the fish mouth better
2. The anti-corrosion treatment of the hooks is very good. The hooks used during the test are not washed with fresh water for a week or more and did not show sign of rust.
3. Moderate hardness, The strength of the hook and the carbon content of the steel have a lot to do with the heat treatment. The route we choose for the hook is it will not be straightened easily. Even if straighten, it will not break! Because when the hook is not broken, you still have the opportunity to land the fish. Once broken, it is game over right?
4. The design of the hook point. We did not choose straight hook point for our Kouse hook, this is because the probability of snagging reefs is very high with straight hook point. We all know that jigs are an expensive consumables. We can't afford to constantly lose our jigs this way. We have chosen a slight inward bent hook point that will greatly reduce the rate of snagging reefs, and the direction of our hook point is toward the assist line to ensure correct angle when the hook point penetrate the fish mouth.
5. The most important feature of our hook is that the hook curvature at the point is deeper than the curvature at the shank. The main reason for this is to ensures that the part that a hook is likely be straighten can withstand the pressure for buffering effect when the fish makes the run while the area near the hook point that cannot afford to be straightened will never be straightened. As long as the area near the hook point is not straightened, we still have the opportunity to land the fish.
Our Kouse hook may looks very ordinary, but we have put a lot of thoughts and efforts in its details. The Kouse hook is definitely the preferred high quality jigging hook made in Japan。